Sunday, August 29, 2010

What motivates you?

I saw something today which made me think who motivated him? The clear answer was his own ego. You could read it in his writing that he thought he was a big awesome beast. Well I say if that is what motivates him good for him.

This made me think what motivates me?

I am never really sure. At times I can tell it is to look good. This is not in the fashion sense, but in the sense of looking like a good person. However, there are times when I am motivated by my own pride. Pride is a great motivator. It forces you to do more, push yourself farther and harder then you thought possible. However, it has to be kept in check.

If your pride over runs your motivation, it becomes all about yourself. You start writing like the guy I know who motivated this post. Also when your pride takes over, it becomes all about you. It is never all about you. That should never be forgotten.

People should take pride in themselves. Everyone is a very talented person in their own way. However, do not forget it takes a lot of different talents to make a village. Also, that you did not do anything worth doing on your own. It took people with other talents to help form you. This is something I always want to remember. I have had some pretty talented people help form me into the person I am . I hope I can have that pride of talented people taking stock in me motivate me in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Who is "him" I'll call you to find out :) oh and I hope that I motivate you!

    ReplyDelete