Monday, August 16, 2010

Settled in Waco

Sorry about the long time off. I have been moving. Did not realize how much little ducks had to get in a row when you move. However, I am pretty settled now. Sara visited last weekend, which was nice.

I have started my schoolwork already. I have been doing assigned reading for the first week. I am enjoying it so far. I am not sure I will be able to say the same for much longer.

However, the more exciting news is that I have been to Crossfit Waco. I have missed the gym feel. I have been more or less on my own in the backyard for the past three months. It feels great to do pull ups again. Although they need a lot of work.

Today we did Jackie. I did it in 9:57. I feel happy with that time for now. I have to realize I have not been on a rower or pull up bar in months. I will say though after a month I hope to take a minute or so off that time.

The thing I have realized I missed the most is the feel of a 45 lb bar. I am looking forward to getting back to some heavy cleans and snatches. There is no better feeling to me then hitting that weight you previously though was impossible.

I am looking for the next several months to make constant improvement in both my strength and gymnastic movements. That is were my focus is going to be.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy you are getting settled in and back into a box :) My visit was more than nice, it was magical, amazing, etc. Hope that you can continue to write your blogs...it's still the only reading I do so try to get a post every day ;) i love you

    ReplyDelete