Thursday, June 24, 2010

free write....

Speaking that this is half my journal half my outlet and half just a blog of things on my mind. I decided today to do a free write.

Today I had many observations. The main one being you just have to keep moving forward. Last night I realized I have not been as good with a certain subject as I could be. It hurt me deeply to realize this. I had to pick up the pieces though and continue to work. I was able to do that today. During the day I just focused on my work cause worrying about something else will not help it get done. This should be the same during a workout. You should be focused just on the work. If you worry about everything else on your plate and other people you will be disappointed with your results.

Today I also had the pleasure of running into an old english teacher and tutor of mine, Mr. Barner. While I am not sure he would understand the whole blog thing, he was pretty influential in my english development. He taught a love for books. A way to analyze deeper into them which other teachers never did. His ability to do this was unique. He was able to talk about a book and except that there was no right answer always, it was how you saw it. This view is why I love to read. If you read expecting to see what everyone else sees, you will not see what is there for you.

My disappointment for the day. There were no children in the park today at 1500 when I drove by. Why is that? It is the first day of summer vacation! There should be children playing. A co worker and me were talking about this. There are so many young children who play video games. When I was a child yes I played video games. But we played outside the majority of the time. I believe younger and younger kids are taught to play video games cause it is ok. Just like it is ok to be fat. I think this is all horse shit. There is no genetic reason for children to be so overweight. It is disturbing that it is now the norm. I do not know if parents do not want there kids outside because of the scary men outside or if the kids do not go outside cause their parents do not force them. Which ever reason it is I just think it is bullshit. Just go outside and play.
This does not stop at children though. Everyone should go outside and get some exercise. You are never to old to do something active. If you spend hours upon hours in an office during the week then you definitely should be outside on the weekend being active. I cannot stand laziness.

Workout: 2 miles 25 lb weightvest run untimed.

Inspirational Quote: "There is no passion to be found in playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living." -Nelson Mandela

No comments:

Post a Comment