Tuesday, July 27, 2010

What is Crossfit.. to me?

I have recently seen a lot of these Crossfit commercial which try to define Crossfit. I think one of the great things about Crossfit is that it is hard find words to completely define.

Crossfit physically is a workout program. There is no additions to it. However, what that workout program allows you to do is amazing. It has given people with aliments the ability to live a pain free life. It is very common to hear about someone who was told they would have bad knees their whole life. Start Crossfit and have no problems again. However, there is more.

Crossfit allows you to become mentally fit. Crossfit goes beyond just training your body, it trains your mind. People who Crossfit are mental stronger then others. There whole idea that there are tasks not able to accomplish goes away. What other workout program does that?

However, what makes Crossfit unable to be defined only as a workout program are the people. The people you Crossfit with, become good friends. There are very few enemies in a true box. I have been in boxes which contain animosity. It is the worst thing for everyone. However, most boxes are friendly. Everyone is there to help each other out.

The community goes beyond your own box though. There can be a time when you run into a stranger, find out he is a Crossfitter, and all of the sudden you are good friends. This is because you both know what it is like.

Crossfitters are all very similar. They are highly motivated, determined, competitive yet easy going people. They enjoy pushing themselves to the limit, testing against others. However they know the true enemy is always going to be within. I know when I go slower, I am happy for the other, not angry. In what other community will you see that?

Inspirational Quote: "It chooses you. You do not choose it." -Unknown

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I would consider myself "easy-going..." ;)

    ReplyDelete