Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Rest

This whole post just got delated and now I have to rewrite it. Reminds me why I am getting a MAC.

I have decided to take this week as a rest week. The concept of rest is something which I have struggled with. It seems counterproductive to not be working out. I know my body needs time to recover, but I feel it is. However this week will be a light to no working out.

This let me to think about how it can be incorporated to the rest of life. The simple fact is that you are forced to rest from things which you love to do. For most people, you are not allowed to do your hobbies for a living. This is what keeps them fun. You get short periods of stress free time to do them. You are also not able to do them all the time. This leds you to never getting sick of them.

If rest leds you to be able to get more done, then it is productive. This is what I am still learning. If by resting this week, I am able to do more push ups next week, it was productive. This can be put into the rest of the life. If by resting a little from your work, you are able to do more. Then rest must be an important factor. Lack of rest from a subject is why you see people burn out. It is impossible to not divert your attention and not burn out. This is why rest is important.

SOrry about the bad post. I will produce better. I am just very fustrated that when I was just about done, the computer highlighted all and delated and would not let me undo.

1 comment:

  1. I will rest when I start working because I will have to take 10 weeks off working out, so I need to build up as much strength and endurance as possible! :)

    ReplyDelete