Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Starting the Journey

This blog's goal is to cover my transition from a gym rat to a working man who wants to not lose his physical fitness in the process
Today was the first day of my summer job. This is a job that I worked years ago, before I starting eating a primal diet. I am curious to see how I am able to hold up over the summer. The job is manual labor and already I can see where my added strength has helped me out. I am much more capable of moving large loads easily.
The day was the opposite weather of what I expected, but was just as grueling as I could hope for. The day was a raining cold day with the temperature at 46 degrees. (Temperature at 1800 when writing post). It was a misting/raining all day and we had to go on through the less then ideal conditions. We continued to do what we had to get our jobs done. This is typical of what I expected. My coworkers and I continues to joke that all we wanted was a hot shower. I am happy to say the hot shower was all I wanted it to be. It lead me to thinking, Hsoj, random primal name, would not have been able to get a hot shower and dry clothes. Although I model my diet after him, I am happy for the modern conveniences that I am afforded.
For this first day and while I continue to unpack all my belongings, I will not be adding workouts on top of work. I will say I will try my best to post recipes whenever I am able to come up with or come across something good. I am excited about this part of the journey and hope that I can exceed my expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment