Saturday, May 15, 2010

Becoming John

Becoming John.....

There are two meaning to this, a work I have yet not dare to try. It is a 20 min amrap of 5 pull ups, 10 push ups, 15 squats all while having a 50 lb. weight vest on. The ultimate goal is 20 or so rounds. It is named after John Welborne.

The next meaning and the one I have being thinking about is becoming John H. John H. is a coworker of mine at the landscaping company. I am pretty sure he is half man half machine. He has always have been the ability to carry heavy wheel barrows, work quicker, etc. I have always wondered why this is. I have a few theories but in actuality I think only one is right. He just works harder to work harder.

He is driven to push it at 100% all of the time. This is something I have struggled with in almost every aspect of my life. When I want to push it I am good. However somedays I just do not feel like I can push it. I feel that I am stuck in low gear. Yesterday was one of those days. Being stuck in low gear would have hurt Hsoj back in the primal days, and it has to be unacceptable to me in modern times. My goal for the next week is to for all 5 days work as hard as possible, no days stuck in low gears.

I will start workouts on Monday.

Nutrition in modern times is easy to slip of the primal wagon so to speak. It is easy to just say it is just one meal. However, when you realize you are saying that every meal you are no longer eating primal. The goal is to limit those slip ups. Yes, there is no real way to eliminate them. I do believe that is someone makes you food no matter what it is you have to eat it. There is no excuse to push away hospitality. Or those moments when you just need the ice cream to cheer up. It is neccessary for both you mind and soul to eat what makes you happy, your body may pay the price. But if your soul is not happy, then you are truly not better of then before. The goal is to improve in all three areas, body, mind, and soul. That is what the Primal Life is all about, improving your body, mind, and soul.

1 comment:

  1. You can do your workout soon. I just ordered your weight vest!!! :)

    ReplyDelete