Monday, May 17, 2010

And the real work begins

I was unable to make regular post this past weekend due to a family situation. Just would like to address this briefly I hope the best to the Crawford family and hope that all members find themselves dealing with the lose the best that they are able to.

Weekend cooking: I decided to cook my meals for the week for the most part on Sunday afternoons. I love to cook. I find cooking very relaxing and whether or not I produce good food, I have a good time doing it and normal get to do it with my favorite girl. This past weekend was not one of those times, I was flying solo. I had to prepare a few meals for lunch, I decided I wanted to get some red meat. The reason red meat there are more natural muscle growth stimulants in red meat then others. I believe it will benefit me to provide my body with the necessary parts to rebuild itself while doing manual labor. The piece of meat I ended up with were a sirloin steak and a pound of ground beef.

While there I also picked up some yellow squash and a green pepper to be all grilled. I created a rub for both (equal parts of salt, pepper, chili pepper, and cinnamon). I put a health coating of this on the steak then added some olive oil to make a paste like substance on the steak. I then added some oregano to the mixture for the ground beef. I made the ground beef into three equal size patties. The vegetables, yellow squash and green peppers, I put on skewers. I then heated up the grill and grilled all the real food at the same time.

The rub was alright, lacked the spicy punch I usually desire. The rub worked better in the burgers I hope. (have not eaten them yet). The same goes for the vegetables.

Work: Work today was good. I was able to push around a heavy wheel barrow a bunch. This is one of my favorite activities. This is because it requires strength and stability. Work as a whole was uneventful.

Nutrition: I had a great meal plan attack for work. I had an apple for the 11 a.m. hunger strike. I had sausages, not my favorite, and peppers for lunch. Add to that some watermelon and nuts. I was full never felt low on energy or lethagic. I am going to start next week making shakes for my 11 a.m. hunger strike. This will allow me to add protein and fat into. This will also allow my body to be able to digest the food easier.

Workout!!!! I got to workout today! Today I used a kettlebell. I did 5 rds. of 6 clean and push press right arm then 6 clean and push press left. It took me a total of 4:55. My goal was to be under 5 minutes! I did two extras, they were 20 kettlebell swings, focusing on pulling down at the top and driving through my heels. The other extra was 20 deadhang pull ups. I was able to do it in sets of 8-7-4-1. The 3rd set I did 5 but kipped one by accident.

Quote that is Inspiring me: "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us." -Marianne Williamson

No comments:

Post a Comment