Friday, September 24, 2010

staying the course

Two saying have been running through my head... "anything which is obtained easy is not worth it." and "if hard work pays off, easy work is worthless."

I am always curious when two similar thoughts stay with me. I find the hardest thing for me to do sometimes is to stay the course. I will admit one of my downfalls is to fold my cards so to say when I see things going poorly. It is something I fight with. I hate that I will give up and I know it started in high school, it was a slippery slope from there.

I have yet to have this tested in law school, but I never the less doubt it will sooner or later.

However, I have had it tested many times in the gym. I will admit last spring I folded my cards way earlier then I should have. I did not work as hard as I should have. I also folded them in the fall. I have come out of that. Yes I have regret from it which is probably worse then feeling in my mind.

My goal is to start staying the course. I like winning and succeed but that is only possible through sticking through the hard times. I have stopped trying at times when it gets hard and that all needs to stop.

I have notice the my training and life have kept taking changes. My training has developed me to places I did not think I would ever go. I am happy for that, but it now time for me to take an active role and take that next step. I still believe I have a lot to go, but I have to be willing to take the pain and embrace the suck. I have to learn to accept that in order to get where you want to go you have to go through some tough hard spots. It is getting through those tough spots that filters out the weak and timid.

Time to take that step.

1 comment:

  1. First of all, i obtained you easily and you are definitely worth it :) Two, Love the second quote Nelly woot woot! and finally your other new quote for the day for law school..."I'm gonna be on the top, that's all my eyes can see, victory is mine, yeah surprisingly. I've been laying, waiting for your next mistake, I put in work and watch my status escalate"

    ReplyDelete